Saturday 17 June 2017

Lee Hsien Yang and Lee Wei Ling threatened to escalate their attacks on their brother during GE 2015.



In 1965, our founding father Lee Kuan Yew said:
I am prepared to take chances with my life. ...But I am not prepared to take chances with the lives of 2 million people. 
He famously also said at a rally, "This is not a game of cards. This is your life and mine."

In their own dispute with their brother, Lee Hsien Yang and Lee Wei Ling were prepared to play a game of cards with the lives and future of Singapore and Singaporeans.

They threatened to escalate their attacks on Lee Hsien Loong to coincide with the general election of 2015.

One is led to ask of them: What happened to Lee Kuan Yew's values?

[ As part of efforts to resolve the family disputes amicably, after LWL and LHY expressed unhappiness that 38 Oxley Road had been bequeathed to me following Mr Lee’s passing, I told them that I was prepared to transfer 38 Oxley Road to LWL for a nominal sum of S$1 on the condition that should the property be transacted later or acquired by the Government, all proceeds would go to charity.

However, a resolution proved impossible.

Matters reached the point where LWL and LHY threatened to escalate their attacks against me, coinciding with the September 2015 General Elections. I was not prepared to be intimidated.

- from PM Lee's statutory declaration.]

No comments:

Post a Comment