Wednesday 30 September 2015

Lee Yi Shyan : Stepped Down For Health Reasons



A mini stroke suffered earlier this year was a reason why Mr Lee Yi Shyan, Senior Minister of State for Trade and Industry and National Development, opted to step down from his post.

He was hospitalised for a mini stroke in May this year.

Before relinquishing his post tomorrow, Mr Lee thanked the supporters, volunteers and residents who had supported him in his last elections and added that he will continue to serve as a Member of Parliament (MP) for East Coast GRC, an area he has been representing since 2006.

“First of all I want to thank all my supporters and volunteers, my residents and all that supported me in the last elections. As an MP in the next five years for the East Coast GRC, I will do my utmost to serve them as I have mentioned in various platforms ... we have many ongoing projects to be completed. We have new plans to be drawn up in consultations with residents in some areas like eldercare and child care. We need to enhance the capacity to service this segment of our population in East Coast because as you know there are new families and also an aging population.”

No comments:

Post a Comment